PEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY DISION
The Pediatric Nephrology pision of Institute of Child Health, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital provides multidisciplinary comprehensive care to pediatric patients with kidney diseases both as in-patients and out-patients. This pision is headed by Dr.P.K.Pruthi, who is joined by Dr.Kanav Anand to provide dedicated pediatric nephrology services to the needy.
The speciality is supported by a state of art pediatric intensive care unit having all the facilities for round the clock renal replacement therapy . Renal replacement therapy is provided to all pediatric patients ranging from low birth neonates to adolescents
The pediatric surgery and urology units are well equipped to deal with any pediatric surgical / urological procedures that the pediatric nephrology patients require.
Prenatal counselling is offered to families where the foetus has been diagnosed to have renal / urological anomalies.
Renal transplant services at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital are one of the best in the country. The members of the renal transplant team include renal transplant surgeon, pediatric nephrologist, transplant coordinator and social worker. Today advances in surgical techniques have made it possible to transplant young children once they attain a weight of 10-15 kg.
Our mission is to help children with kidney disorders attain the best quality of life possible, and to assist families and primary care physicians in providing the same.
Our services include diagnosis, evaluation and management of :
- CONGENITAL / INHERITED RENAL DISORDERS
- Dysplastic kidneys
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease
- Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease
- Medullary cystic disease
- Juvenile nephronophthisis
- Alport's syndrome
- Nephrogenic diabetes insipidus
- Bartter's syndrome
- Gitelman's syndrome
- Renal tubular acidosi
- ACQUIRED RENAL DISEASES
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Glomerulonephritis / Nephrotic Syndrome
- Urinary tract infection
- Acute Kidney Injury / Failure
- Chronic Kidney Disease/ Failure
- Vasculitis – Renal limited / Systemic
- Hyperoxaluria and oxalosi
- UROLOGICAL PROBLEMS
- Posterior Urethral Valves
- Renal calculi / stones
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Pelvi ureteral / Vesico ureteral junction abnormalities
- Other congenital urological disorder
- VOIDING DISORDERS
- Day time bedwetting / incontinence
- Night time bedwetting / incontinence
- Dribbling of urine
- Urge incontinence : Unable to hold urin
- RENAL TRANSLANTATION
- Pre transplant workup
- Post transplant managemen
- FACILITIES AVAILABLE
- Acute Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
- Automated Peritoneal Dialysis (APD)
- Sustained Low Efficiency Dialysis (SLED)
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) – CVVHD, CVVHDF, CVVH, SCUF
- Urodynamics – cystometrogram, uroflowmetr
Pediatric Nephrology General Clinic:
Pediatric Nephrology clinic is a very busy clinic and is held every Saturday from 12 to 1 pm in Pediatric Ward to look after the general patients.
Academic activities: The pision is actively involved in academic activities and research work.
A 10 month old child undergoing Hemodialysis
A child on Acute Peritoneal Dialysis
Child undergoing Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) in pediatric ICU
Child on Automated Peritoneal Dialysis (APD) / Continuous Cycling Peritoneal Dialysis (CCPD)