Kidney Transplantation is most effective treatment option for ESRD. It has become the most successful and widespread organ transplantation performed today. The Department of Kidney Transplant Surgery is dedicated to provide comprehensive perioperative care to patients with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).Our team consists of Nephrologists, Kidney Transplant Surgeons and specialized supporting staffs whose purpose are effective preTransplant evaluation, Transplant Surgery and post-Transplant follow up. Since the first kidney transplant was performed in SGRH in 1987, almost 3000 kidneys have been transplanted with results of patient's survival and graft function comparable to the best in the world. At present we are performing more than 220-230 transplants in a year.
In the department of kidney transplant patients of ESRD have access to a range of comprehensive services including:
- Living Donor Nephrectomy:
- As per Transplantation of Human Organs Act 1994 - We accept living related donors only and those unrelated living donors that have authorization committee approval. We offer both open and Laparoscopic donor Nephrectomy.
- Cadaveric Donor Nephrectomy:
- Weare geared to perform both harvesting and transplantation of cadaveric kidneys and have conducted such operations as and when cadaver kidneys become available.
- Recipient Transplant Surgery:
- Conducted in state of the art, purpose build, dedicated operation theaters.
Follow up care:
- Post transplant care is conducted jointly by Nephrologist and transplant team with patient being managed in a purpose build state of art Kidney Transplant Unit.
- A full service Dialysis center:
- We are offering:
- Haemodialysis at a 25 bedded dedicated Haemodialysis center.
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) - We have more than 2000 patients on Peritoneal Dialysis.
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT).
- Dialysis access:
- We have probably the largest experience in creating A V Shunt, A V Fistula, Graft and Permacath for Haemodialysis in India.
- We have pioneered and performed more than 2000 CAPD catheter insertion, probably the largest series in India.
- Surgical Training:
- The Department also runs a well-designed training program in Transplant Surgery and Transplant Medicine for the residents of urology and nephrology.
The Department has to its credit number of surgical innovations which are now standard procedures. The Department also involved number of national and international presentations as well as been member in numerous Government and non-Government expert committees for Transplantation.
The Govt. of India has recognised the Department as a centre of excellence.
Dr. H. Jauhari
( M.S., F.R.C.S., F.I.C.S., F.A.I.S.)
Chairman, Department of Kidney Transplant Surgery
Dr. S. Chadha
M.S., M.CH. (Urology), Diploma Urology (Spain) Senior Consultant
Dr. Vipin Tyagi
M.S, DNB (Urology)
For further information: Ph. 011-42251236, 42251252