Mission: "Our mission is to deliver world class health care by creating institutes of excellence in integrated medical care, teaching and research. We aspire to create an ethical & safe environment to treat all with respect and dignity."
Vision: "The Institute is governed under the guiding principles of providing affordable physiotherapy services to patients with care, compassion & commitment."
Physiotherapy is a broadened branch of modern science; proven in its effectiveness which strives not only for the improved functional status of the patient but for improved quality of life too. Physiotherapists are independent health care professionals who provide safe, quality, client-centered physiotherapy through a commitment to service availability, accessibility and excellence. Physiotherapists exercise professional judgment in unique, complex and uncertain situations.
The Department of Physical Medicine and Physiotherapy at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital has been offering specialized care to its patrons for many years. With the up gradation of the facility Sir Ganga Ram Hospital continues to show its commitment towards the science of Rehabilitation. Physiotherapy Department at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital is one of the largest and well- equipped with latest computerized equipments, working in all sub specialties in physiotherapy offering a multifaceted approach to the patient’s rehabilitation by a qualified and highly experienced team of physiotherapists with treatment procedures of international standards providing:
OPD services (Direct and referral)
IPD services (in Wards and Intensive Care Units)
Our team of therapists is committed to client-centered services that respect the autonomy and dignity of the recipient. Our Physiotherapists work with clients of all ages in a diversity of settings to provide health services in wellness, acute care, rehabilitation and long term care. They are bound by ethical principles to act with integrity, accountability and judgment in the best interests of the client.Our team of physiotherapists is constantly evolving through research, education and practice. In their services, they strive to achieve optimal health outcomes and use resources efficiently and safely.Located at Ground Floor of SWB Block, The Department of Rehabilitation Medicine and Physiotherapy strives to improve health, optimize functional performance and restore participation in life's activities with individuals who have disabling conditions and diseases. The centre for Rehabilitation Medicine is committed to the initiation, promotion, execution and dissemination of high quality treatment of all aspects of rehabilitation.
Dr. Shankar Acharya (Consultant ) Senior Consultant In charge Orthospine Surgeon
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER:
Dr. Sudhakar Vira
Dr. Ambika Sharma
Dr. Jyoti Bala
Dr. Amit Kumar
Dr. Chanchal Aggarwal
Dr. Indu Teotia
Dr. Mahima Malhotra
Dr Anuj Bansal
Dr. Manisha Mehta
Dr. Vasudha Sethi
Dr. Kanika Taneja
Dr. Rajbeer Kaur
Dr. Amba Singhal
Dr. Sonia Sharma
Dr. Diksha Kapoor
Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy at SGRH
- Highly qualified dedicated therapists with hands on approach
- State-of-the-art infrastructure with latest hi-tech equipments
- International standards of treatment
- Personalised attention
- Friendly atmosphere
- Economical charges
The department offers comprehensive services in areas of:
- Pain: Low Back Pain, Neck Pain, any other musculoskeletal pain.
- Shoulder, arm, wrist, or hand problems
- Knee, ankle or foot problems
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Repeated Stress Injuries (RSI)
- Peripheral Nerve Injuries
- Sprains and Muscle Strains
- Post Traumatic Stiffness
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation after a serious injury
- Chronic Respiratory Problems
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Problems with balance
- Disabilities in newborns
- Pre/Post natal Programs
- Fitness and Wellness Education
- Post Surgical cases
- Tendon Repair
Areas of physiotherapy
- Critical Care Medicine & ICU
- Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery
- Chest Medicine
- General Surgery
- Genetic Medicine
- Multi organ transplantation
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopedics / Knee/Hip Replacement
- Pediatrics/Pediatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Renal Transplant Surgery
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Manual Therapy: Hands on- Stretching, manual resistance training, joint mobilization and manipulation, Manual lymphatic drainage (Post Lymph edema), chest physiotherapy.
- Electro Therapy Techniques: Laser therapy, EMG: Biofeedback, ultrasound therapy, Diathermy (PSWD, MWD, LWD), Interferential current therapy, other currents like Russian, Galvanic, Faradic etc; traction (cervical & lumbar), continuous passive motion lower extremity.
- Exercises: Posture training, muscle strengthening, cardio vascular training and stretching.
- Other Services: Advice orthosis and prosthesis offering information regarding equipment aids (wheel chairs, walking aids), taping and splinting.
- Moist Hot Packs
- Cryotherapy (Ice-therapy)
- Paraffin Wax Bath
- Soft Laser Therapy
- Pulsed Short-wave diathermy
- Micro-wave Diathermy
- Ultrasound therapy and Phonophorosis
- Interferential therapy
- Electronic Cervical and Lumbar Traction
- Cold compression Therapy
- TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)
- Faradic and Galvanic Stimulation(Iontophorosis)
- Russian Stimulation
- MF currents
- Ultra-reiz currents
- Continuous Passive Motion exercises (CPM)
- Motorised Electronic Tilt-Table (To treat Postural Hypotension, Initiate Standing)
- Electronic Treadmill
- Multi-gym exerciser
- Unweighing System
SPECIAL FACILITIES FOR PATIEN REHAB
- DYNAMIC STAIR TRAINER The revolutionary Dynamic Stair Trainer (DST) combines the unique feature of parallel bars and height adjustable stairs
- CRYOFLOW Cryoflow is a cold-air therapy unit with an adjustable airflow and biofeedback system.
- THERA-VITAL Thera-vital can be used for upper and lower limb:
- Active – Assisted
- EMG BIOFEEDBACK Biofeedback is a process that enables an individual to learn how to change physiological activity for the purposes of improving health and performance.
- BIODEX BALANCE SYSTEM A simple, efficient and versatile balance testing and training tool.
- Exercise therapy
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Soft tissue mobilisation and manipulation
- Relaxation therapy
- Cyriax deep friction massage
- Trigger point therapy
- Orthotics/ splinting
- Ante-nated classes
- Fitness consultation
- Training schedules for sportsmen and sportswomen
- Ergonomic advice
Occupational therapy is a branch of medicine which is the application of purposeful, goal oriented activity through latest technology with computerized system and evaluation, diagnosis and / or treatment of person whose function is impaired by physical illness or injury, emotional disorder, congenital developmental disability or the aging process, in order to achieve optimal functioning, to prevent disability and maintain health.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY SERVICES
- Education and training in activities of daily living.
- Developmental therapies e.g. Sensory integration.
- Therapeutic activities to enhance functional performance.
- Guidance in the selection and use of adaptive equipment applying assistive technology
- Design, fabrication, and application of orthosis (Splints)
- Prevocational evaluation and training
- Consultation concerning the adaptation of physical environments for the handicapped
WHY DO YOU NEED AN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
- All types of developmental disorders like cerebral palsy, down syndrome ADD, ADHD, Autism and learning disability
- All types of cases requiring neuro rehabilitation
- Orthopedic rehabilitation (Fractures, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis)
- All conditions requiring work simplification and energy conservation techniques e.g. In the process of cardio-pulmonary rehab
- Consultation for barrier free environment and modification aiming towards independent living.
OTHER AREAS WITHIN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
- Sensory integration
- Wheelchair training and transfers
- Pain management
- Stress management and relaxation therapy
- Ergonomics to prevent occupational disorders
- Neonatal intervention
- Adaptations in sports injury rehabilitation
- Geriatric rehabilitation & counseling
- Community rehabilitation
HAND THERAPY: “A Perfect anatomical repair without functional recovery is useless”. Hand therapy focuses on functional recovery from an upper limb injury/ disease. Treatment programmes are individualized to meet the goals of each patient. This is done through close communication between the referring physician, our specialized hand therapist and the patient.