Yoga Life Style
What is Yoga?
'Yoga is not merely a few postures (Asanas) but a complete way of life. It is an integrated system of self culture which aims at harmonious development of body, mind and covers all aspects of human life that lead to physical well being, mental harmony culminating into positive thinking, happiness and peace. It envisages health in totally on principle of 'healthy mind in a healthy body'.
Earlier in India, yoga was thought to be meant only for saints and yogis who had renounced their lives, lived in caves or forests but now yoga has become popular among common masses all over the world for its healthful and stress control utility on the basis of scientific findings in the last 2-3 decades. Yoga is a universal practical discipline irrespective of culture, nationality, race, caste or creed, sex, age and physical condition. The perfection of yoga results from practical application with regularity, punctuality and reverent devetion. Yoga is probably the best lifestyle ever devised and is not difficult to learn.
Components of Yoga
The yoga which has been widely known and practiced is Hath Yoga for healthful and curative aspects. it consists of cleansing processes called KAYOTSARGA for relaxation of the body, physical postures (ASANAS) for stability of the body, PRANAYAMAS, breathing exercises for mental stability and MEDITATION for coping with stress and strains of modern life.
Benefits of Yoga
- Scientific research has demonstrated that regular practice of yoga is beneficial for :
- Improving concentration and memory
- Improving work efficiency
- Improving quality of life
- Excellent for stress management
- Increases immunity
- Controlling bad emotions like anger, ego, hostility, jealousy etc.
- Improved efficiency in various games and sports by improving all round flexibility, better neuromuscular coordination, concentration, endurance, balance etc.
- Potentially beneficial for preven tion and control of several diseases like anxiety, depression, coronary heart disease, hypertension, obesity, diabetes mellitus, high cholesterol, bronchial asthma, irritable bowel syndrome, migraine, insomnia etc.
Facilities available at Yoga Lifestyle Clinic at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- Yoga is being taught by an expert Yoga Instructor (Mr. Ramesh Chandra) under supervision of Prof. Dr. S.C. Manchanda, Senior Consultant Cardiologist. Yoga Lifestyle being used for :
- Reversing heart diseases by a scientific approach developed by Dr. S.C. Manchanda and Adhyatma Sadhana Kendra, New Delhi.
- For rehabilitation and prevention of Coronary Heart Disease after angioplasty, bypass surgery and Heart Attacks.
- For Control of Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus, Obesity, Dyslipidemia, Bronchial Asthma, Migraine, Joint Pains, Irritable bowel syndrome, Depression and Anxiety.
- For Stress Management of Executives, Professionals.
- In addition, advice is given regarding healthy diet, physical exercise and tobacco cessation for leading a healthy life.
Location: Homeopathy Dept., Room No. 9
Contact: 42251900, 9810336855